Age of admittance
First Steps Kindergarten is divided into four units:
- The nursery caters for children aged 6 weeks to rising 2 years old (this is split into babies and toddlers)
- Tweenies caters for children rising 2 years to rising 3 years old.
- The early years caters for children rising 3 to rising 5 years old.
- Full time ( 5 days) £935.85 per month / £51.56 per day 8.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m. or £975.28 per month / £51.56 per day 7.30 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
- Part time Daily from £27.03 to £30.50 depending upon hours
Early Years / Pre-school fees are covered by a separate contract to take account of Government-funded hours.
All placements are tailored to individual needs and therefore cost is worked out accordingly and will be given on application. Fees are collected monthly and are calculated over 50 weeks allowing for the week we are closed and two weeks at half fees. All other times are paid for.
Nursery grant and voucher scheme
Government free entitlement funding is offered for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Salary sacrifice / vouchers
Childcare qualifies for salary sacrifice or vouchers. We accept many different company schemes.
First Steps Kindergarten policies:
Our mission statement
For the children:
To provide high standards of care, in a stable and secure environment, and aid social and intellectual developments.
For the parents:
To work in partnership with them, to consider their needs and assist them as the prime educators of their children.
For the staff:
To provide them with the abilities to structure and support the children’s learning. To invest in staff training and development throughout their employment. To regularly gauge competence and commitment.
For the future:
Maintain the financial viability of the business for the long-term security and continuity for the children, parents and staff.